- Enrico Maggi, University of Firenze
- Cristoforo Incorvaia, ICP Hospital, Milano
- Carlo Agostini, University of Padova
- Enrico Heffler, University of Catania
- Carlo Lombardi, Poliambulanza Hospital, Brescia
- Elide Pastorello, University of Milano
- Gianenrico Senna, University-Hospital of Verona
- Massimo Triggiani, University of Salerno
Clinical and Molecular Allergy is the official journal of the Italian Society of Allergology, Asthma and Clinical Immunology - SIAAIC
Aims & scope
Clinical and Molecular Allergy is an open access, peer-reviewed, international journal that covers all aspects of allergy research with a primary focus on molecular allergy and clinical applications of molecular techniques. In April 2015, Clinical and Molecular Allergy became the official journal of the Italian Society of Allergology, Asthma and Clinical Immunology.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical allergy, including respiratory allergy, food allergy, drug allergy, insect sting allergy
- Diagnostics (component resolved diagnostics, allergen extract diagnostics)
- Structural biology of allergens (and their interactions with the immune system)
- Bioinformatics of allergens
- Epitopes and mimotopes
- Genetics and epigenetics
- Therapeutics using molecular techniques
- Effect of the microbiome on development of allergic disease
The Italian Society of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (SIAAIC) is a scientific society strongly represented on the national territory with more than 650 active members working in University structures, Hospital departments and Territorial outpatients' clinics.
The main aim of SIAAIC is to improve Allergy and Clinical Immunology as a discipline, through integrated actions of specialistic and post-specialistic education, promotion of knowledge in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, and support of patients' organizations. These aspects are accomplished by giving the opportunity to its members (a third of which are Junior Members, with age less than 35 years) to attend several educational events, participate in clinical/epidemiological research and patients-targeted informative events.
Moreover, many active SIAAIC members are worldwide well-known scientists and contribute to increase the knowledge in Allergy and Clinical Immunology into the international scientific community.